Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in “Wisteria”
Needles: US 7
Modeled by Miss E 😉 my blogless friend, Trina’s baby girl
Needles: Size 7
Pattern: basket weave with garter stitch border
Last year I posted these knitting resolutions:
1. Complete my Sweater
2. Start a Knitting Gallery – actually did it already – but it counts!
3. Take pictures of all my projects and put in Gallery
4. Knit my first lace project
5. Knit Personalized Christmas Stockings for C1, C2, B3 and baby W. to be born in 2007 (all family members)
6. Knit at least one item for each charity that my local group sponsors.
So, here’s an update:
- Done. Given to my mom.
- If Scarves count I did a couple! But I still want to do a shawl or a stole…something bigger! Guess that will be for 2008!
- I did Baby W…but my sister really wanted C1, C2, & B3 to have stockings more like what my Grandma did for us. I’ve ordered the patterns and this will be my #1 resolution for 2008.
Yeah!! Now I can start thinking about next year’s resolutions! Anyone want to share their knitting resolutions with me to give me ideas?
Found this on ScrabbleQueen‘s Blog:
If you can visit me in Ravelry – you need to do that – because I’ve finally taken photos of all of my stash! Well, the stash I’m going to admit to, anyway! I have tons more cotton and older project yarn…but I’m not going to worry about them right now! I’m Knitnmom on Ravelry if you haven’t added me as a friend yet!
In addition to buying new yarn, I’ve been knitting! I’ve just been bad about taking pictures! 🙂 So, hold onto your socks….here’s a firehose of projects! (Click on picture to make them bigger)
Works in Progress….
We are done! Two Stores, two eating establishments and I’m wiped out! I’m copying some pictures from Theresa’s blog because she got one of my shrug and a fun one of us all laughing that I really enjoyed!
First, my loot!
- 2 balls of Classic Elite Inca Alpaca in a dark blue. I think it will make a lovely scarf for Hubby!
- 2 balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed – 85% wool, 10% silk and 5% Cashmere in a tweedy red. Thinking it will make some nice hand warmers or other fun gifts.
- size 7 Addis (I can never find a 7 when I need one)
- “Peg It” Knitting Counter. Cindy at Knit Night has one and I love it!! Can’t wait to put it in use!!
Now, for the pictures….
My Shrug is done! (again, borrowed)
J1’s Socks are done!! And, they are my November socks too! Still looking for sun and time to get pictures taken…hopefully tomorrow!
Now if I can just get the boxers done – I’d be delirious!! 😉
Life has been very much “yes, wait, no, wait, maybe, wait, wait, wait, wait” which has been making me, well, crazy. When I got through the first mind-numbing weeks, I started knitting again. 🙂
And, I finished my Big Shrug (sorry non-ravelers for linking where you can’t go – soon I hope!) I’m just finishing some socks for J1. And, I’m determined to finish my boxers! So, I’ll restart them as soon as I get J1’s socks ready.
I hope to take pictures tomorrow of my Big Shrug, socks in progress, and boxers back on the needles. Let’s hope I get some sun tomorrow so I can! 🙂
Happy Knitting all!
With the closing of our local yarn store, there are some great deals to be had. The day we heard about the store closing – I unexpectedly found myself there and pick up some Tofutsies:
And then Ruth went there on a day I could not go – and she found Cotton Fleece in “Wisteria”
and Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in “Argyle” and “Mixed Berries”
and then I cast on this pinwheel blanket – Lord willing I’ll be able to wrap up “Princess” in it before Christmas!