Proof I’ve been knitting! 🙂
Mom’s birthday socks….
Secret of the Stole 2 – mid clue 2….
Could it instead be that I’m fickle? Would that be better?!
Remember 3 days ago when I said…
While I did join Secret of the Stole 2 – I’ve decided I’m not going to knit along. I want to make sure it will be a pattern I’ll be happy with when completed. Too much work to find out you don’t like it. I guess I’m too practical to enjoy the mystery part of it!
Well….I started it today! I’m about 2 froggings and 19 rows (+ lifeline – I’m learning!) into it. I’m using the Knit Picks Shadow in Oregon coast that I have on hand…but I’ll need one more skein. I was going to order it to day (thought I’d put it in the middle where a slight color change might not matter) but I got distracted. 😦
So, I’ve got my boxers for mindless knitting and this for concentration! I need to put it away now because I’m finally going to watch “Northanger Abbey” that I taped last night! And, I joined The Complete Jane Austen KAL! Adding the graphic to my sidebar next!
I have tried and failed to finish two secret lace knit alongs! The second was not really my fault, but when I realized I had unsubbed accidently – I just let it go!
But I’m trying again! I might not knit along – so much depends on what happens to our family in the new year! Here is the link if you want to join me!
Secret of the Stole II webpage
- Mystery Stole #3 – yep, I’m a quitter! I was going very slowly – and I was ok with that. But then when I saw the asymmetrical pattern, I lost interest in finishing. I’m just a little too much Bert in order to feel comfortable with it. I knew I’d never wear it. Don’t get me wrong – it’s beautiful – it’s just not for me!
- So, I consoled myself with jumping onto another one! LOL The Secret of the Stole will start in October – and I’m going to try again! I know…it’s probably not wise…but it makes me happy!
- J3’s socks – aka August’s socks for “Sock of the Month KAL” – I’m at the heels and my deadline is to have them done and photos taken by August 31 – that’s 7 days!
- The Fetchings for my sister are going well…one left to do. I started it at Back to School night last night – and was knitting too tight (or maybe I grabbed the wrong needle??) and it’s significantly smaller. I’m going to need to frog it and start over.
- Plugging away on my Boxers -ladies at Knit Night are starting to catch up with me – I’d better get more done!!
- Oh! My boss found out she’s having a girl! Off to buy PINK yarn today!!
So, that is what is new with me on the knitting front. It’s been a tough week for me – not even time to knit like I wanted to! Next week will be better, or else!
That is what my knitting is to me right now. Just a big sigh. Can I whine? Why thank you! 😉
- The Mystery Stole #3 aka my “What am I thinking?!” Stole. It’s hard! I have to really concentrate – which is not always possible with 3 boys and hubby around. I can’t knit on it with anyone around because I might mess up if I don’t totally concentrate. However, I’m enjoying it. It’s definitely a challenge. And, even though I am still working on Clue #1 and others are working on (and might even be done with) Clue #4, I’m still enjoying it. I just wish I had more time to work on it.
- My boxers – ok – I understand. The only other person knitting this pattern at Ravelry put it away saying “miles and miles of stockinette on size 3’s puts me to sleep……” Now, I get it. However, (me and my silver linings! LOL) it is perfect for Knit Night!
- My Big Shrug….too hot to work on it.
- Diagonal Lace Scarf…working it on straights. I H.A.T.E. straight needles!! I need to order some more circs so I can transfer this project.
I would feel better if I could finish something!! Maybe I need to do a quick dishcloth!
See the progress bars? Did you see I’m no longer on 0% for the Mystery Stole #3!!!! 😀
Ash asked about the pattern for the scarf. I found it via Ravelry. It’s called the “Diagonal Lace Scarf” and you can get the pattern here: http://midnightpurls.blogspot.com/2006/08/free-pattern-diagonal-lace-scarf.html
Very easy pattern – only a simple six row repeat. I love how nice it looks.