After Christmas I had an urge to finish things. So far all I have left is to block Baby Susannah’s dress (well, and mail it out) and my boxers. I’m making good progress on my boxers…and it feels good to be making progress.
I’m not so in love with the ‘pretty in pink’ scarf I’ve been working on. Maybe it’s that I’m anxious to make some socks. I’m really excited about the Firestarter Socks – have you seen them? Oh my – they are so cool!
I’ve got yarn to make some socks for my Dad and stepmom. And, I want to make my brother a hat – but I want to make a certain one and I don’t have the yarn. So, I’m trying to decide if I want to just knit him anything … nah, I won’t be happy with it. I need to wait until I can get the yarn. Not sure that he reads this – but on the off chance that he does…no more talk about that.
My mom’s birthday is coming too – I’d like to make her something.
I just realized this really a post about nothing! LOL Oh well…it gave me a chance to think some things through! 😉
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in “Wisteria”
Needles: US 7
Modeled by Miss E 😉 my blogless friend, Trina’s baby girl
Needles: Size 7
Pattern: basket weave with garter stitch border
1. Knit Personalized Christmas Stockings for C1, C2, B3 and “The Princess”
2. Knit at least one item for each charity that my local group sponsors
Hmm…I need some ideas! Anyone have any??
Last year I posted these knitting resolutions:
1. Complete my Sweater
2. Start a Knitting Gallery – actually did it already – but it counts!
3. Take pictures of all my projects and put in Gallery
4. Knit my first lace project
5. Knit Personalized Christmas Stockings for C1, C2, B3 and baby W. to be born in 2007 (all family members)
6. Knit at least one item for each charity that my local group sponsors.
So, here’s an update:
- Done. Given to my mom.
- If Scarves count I did a couple! But I still want to do a shawl or a stole…something bigger! Guess that will be for 2008!
- I did Baby W…but my sister really wanted C1, C2, & B3 to have stockings more like what my Grandma did for us. I’ve ordered the patterns and this will be my #1 resolution for 2008.
Yeah!! Now I can start thinking about next year’s resolutions! Anyone want to share their knitting resolutions with me to give me ideas?
I have tried and failed to finish two secret lace knit alongs! The second was not really my fault, but when I realized I had unsubbed accidently – I just let it go!
But I’m trying again! I might not knit along – so much depends on what happens to our family in the new year! Here is the link if you want to join me!
Secret of the Stole II webpage
Found this on ScrabbleQueen‘s Blog:
The Christmas stocking is done in the round – and where I want the heel, I stitch in waste yarn. Then I continue to the toe. I decrease the toe and then Kitchner to close it. I go back to the heel and pick up the stitches top and bottom in the round. I decrease it just like the toe and then Kitchner it to close it. It couldn’t be simpler! And I assume it would work on normal socks too – but I’ve not done it.
Let me know if you try it. 🙂
Just need to add the name and make the hanging loop….and make the other one! But I started this last night while watching a movie and it took 2 movies today!
So, there is a good side to being in a funk I guess!